Starting with Creo 7.0, Multibody definition is maintained during data exchange. This helps preserve design intent during an Import/Export operation. The multibody definition is maintained in both exported and imported Creo Parametric 7.0 geometry.
- Multibody models in Creo Parametric preserve multibody definition
- Body characteristics, such as body name and body appearances, are transferred
- Construction bodies for each exported profile can be included or excluded
- When including construction bodies, you can choose to export as quilts or as solid bodies.
- When importing a part to an existing Creo Parametric mode, you can add body structure from the source file, or target all imported geometry into a single body
- Import is controlled through the import profile for each standard format.
Note: Update is not supported for multibody parts in Creo Parametric 7.0
Punditas delivers Artificial Intelligence(AI) driven content for PTC Creo Parametric and other Enterprise Application Softwares. Punditas AI engine taps into 100’s of internal & external repositories for Creo Parametric to Discover, Curate & Deliver pertinent Tips, Tricks, Tutorials, Best Practices, etc. up to 5 perspectives of content based on each Creo Users style and preference. To learn more about Punditas, visit https://www.punditas.com