The blizzard, Snow, Patriots parade, Historic hotel, Fun, Food, Success stories, Challenges, and Knowledge sharing between PTC customers…
Earlier this month (Feb 7- 9) a number of PTC users, customers and partners gathered in Boston at the historic Boston Park Plaza to share their successes and challenges in using PTC products.
Here’s who attended –
Number of attendees: 195
Number of companies represented: 106
Industries represented: 20
PTC employees participated: 25
International attendees: 33
Existing Technical committee members: 135
New members (never belonged to TC): 60
Tracks & Agenda
PTC/USER introduced a new concept of a simple four track agenda (CAD, PLM, ALM, Retail) organized by the PTC/USER Technical Committees and Board of Directors. The meetings were a huge success by all measures. About 200 users from various companies attended the meeting.Here’s a sampling of topics that were discussed in the four tracks-
- Better Integration to Creo View and future Creo View plans
- Created vs. Shown Dimensions for MBD and New updates from PTC on this functionality
- Additive Mfg Session Led by Product Management
- ModelCHECK Topics
- Upgrade to Windchill 11 roundtable
- Security Label discussion
- Workflow roundtable discussion
- CAD workers, cool ideas tips and tricks
- Athens Demo
- Roundtable: Upgrade
- Working group status: Costing, Sample Management
- Colorway Limitations/Bill of Material Enhancements
- Getting more out of Flex: Dashboard and Metrics
- ALM Roundtable: Enhancement Process, Integrity Modeler and License tracking
- ALM -Usability Discussion / Working Group
- Customer Presentation: Enhancing reports with Jquery
- ALM Roundtable: Integrity 11, Usability and Integrations
A BIG Thank You to the partners that sponsored the event! We had the following partners participate –
- Archer Grey
- B & W software
- Chameleon PLM
Strategic Partnership announcement
PTC/USER announced a strategic partnership with Punditas LLC to engage with the PTC/USER community to Educate, Advocate and Share User Experiences.
Listen to PTC/USER Board of Directors discuss about last week’s event in Boston and the upcoming event in May.
Dan Glenn, President, PTC/USER Board
Ron Watson, PTC/USER Board, Director of Content
Chris Moretti, PTC/USER Board, Retail Track
In case you missed the Boston event, mark your calendars. We are meeting again in May after LiveWorx 2017 from 5/25 Thursday Noon through 5/26 Friday 5PM. Registration will be through LiveWorx registration. Be sure to use our special 5% discount by entering the code PTCUSER5 when registering.
Be on the lookout for a call for topics. We’ll be expanding beyond the four tracks and we’ll have the ability to offer more rooms and more specialized discussions.
This is an excellent opportunity to not only speak directly with PTC but also to learn how other companies are tackling the same issues you are facing…See you soon!
Leave a Reply